Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by H2HO View Post
    Just keep it under 70 and you will be fine....

I think I can manage that ........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Great thread. I was actually researching this over the weekend. Watching Ax Men and how nice that river looks I was thinking about a ride up there myself. I will definately keep an eye on this.
    LOL, Ax Men is where I got the idea too. It looks real scenic. I read there are some rapids somewhere, which probably wouldn't be the best place for skis since the bottom is all limestone through that section & probably real shallow. Keep me in the loop on what you find out.

Suwannee River Ride April 2010

A group of six of us, 4 seadoos and a couple of waverunners rode the Suwannee to the Gulf from near Bell. Fl on April 17th. we saw the stugeon warnings but didn't see any or have any problems. We traveled about 50 miles in about 4 hours on the trip down, stopping at Fanning Springs and Manatee Springs. Ate at the Salt Creek restaurant in Suwannee, gassed up at Miller's Marina and made the trip back in under two hours. Stayed the night before and after our ride at the Suwannee House at The Cottages at Suwannee Preserve. www.suwanneehouse.com

www.suwanneehouseboats.com/flash_site.html The marina is the second canal entrance at Suwannee when headed toward the gulf. You can access the Salt Creek Restaurant from the city dock.

It's a great 100 mile day trip!

+1
    It is one of my favorite rides, the fish have put a damper on our trips up there but the river is a perfect ride. The no wake zones are mostly at some of the bridges and boat ramps when boats are present. There are quite a few springs to stop and swim at which makes the day full. As posted the last time we rode we stayed at Yellow Jacket campground. One day we rode out to the gulf and another day we rode up river and stopped at the springs. There are a couple of important sandbars one just down river from the Yellow Jacket campground and another just down river from Hart springs. Once up river above the Santa fe you can ride somewhat safely up to Troy Springs but after that there are some rocks to avoid to make it to Royal springs. If you ride the north part of the river you need to bring a gas can as you will have to stop at certain places and walk for fuel if needed.

We keep thinking of planning another trip up there but just haven't had the time yet, maybe this year sometime. It truly is a fantasticly beautiful ride. Go to our website and go through the years of pictures in the gallery and you will see we went 1 or 2 times a year as a group with as many as 50 skis on the water the accident year.

+1
    Lets pick a date and ride this river.

+1
    Just wanted to revive this thread. I am seeing many new members on here and hopefully we can get more info on the areas ofthe river to ride and the besttimes of the year to ride it. It seems like it would be a great scenic ride to make.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    It is one of my favorite rides, the fish have put a damper on our trips up there but the river is a perfect ride. The no wake zones are mostly at some of the bridges and boat ramps when boats are present. There are quite a few springs to stop and swim at which makes the day full. As posted the last time we rode we stayed at Yellow Jacket campground. One day we rode out to the gulf and another day we rode up river and stopped at the springs. There are a couple of important sandbars one just down river from the Yellow Jacket campground and another just down river from Hart springs. Once up river above the Santa fe you can ride somewhat safely up to Troy Springs but after that there are some rocks to avoid to make it to Royal springs. If you ride the north part of the river you need to bring a gas can as you will have to stop at certain places and walk for fuel if needed.

We keep thinking of planning another trip up there but just haven't had the time yet, maybe this year sometime. It truly is a fantasticly beautiful ride. Go to our website and go through the years of pictures in the gallery and you will see we went 1 or 2 times a year as a group with as many as 50 skis on the water the accident year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Just wanted to revive this thread. I am seeing many new members on here and hopefully we can get more info on the areas ofthe river to ride and the besttimes of the year to ride it. It seems like it would be a great scenic ride to make.
    GL, Ken knows this river well. Try emailing him for more info. We had a great time till the accident last time we went.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    GL, Ken knows this river well. Try emailing him for more info. We had a great time till the accident last time we went.
    I should have completely read his post. I thougt about this thread and just saw it had been a while since it was posted in and just wrote mine.
    I appreciate the lead Thanks.

Cool Suwannee River WaveRunners

We make long distance runs 2-3 times per month for approxx. 35 miles toward the gulf or either about 30 miles upstream to the Santa Fe or left on down the Suwannee. Usually at least 70-75 miles per day. We love to go spring hopping and check out all the wildlife and people. Been riding WaveRunners for 10 yrs. now. There is nothing better. You can see us at http://suwanneeriverfun.blogspot.com. It is our 2nd home, but we love it the most.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaveRunners View Post
    We make long distance runs 2-3 times per month for approxx. 35 miles toward the gulf or either about 30 miles upstream to the Santa Fe or left on down the Suwannee. Usually at least 70-75 miles per day. We love to go spring hopping and check out all the wildlife and people. Been riding WaveRunners for 10 yrs. now. There is nothing better. You can see us at http://suwanneeriverfun.blogspot.com. It is our 2nd home, but we love it the most.
    Welcome to Greenhulk
    I am glad you found this thread. I hope one of the time I get down there I can spend some time on this river. I am heading down for an extended trip in Oct. I will definately contact you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information