Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    TheElite0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    383
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    You have any GPS Numbers?
    I have the same setup as TampaSpeedster.

    With the X-Charger, 42lb injectors, 4" air intake and the stock prop pitched at 10/22 i was only able to hit 58.2@8080rpm two weeks ago when the Air temp was in the 60's and water temp was in the upper 50's.

    Now just 2 days ago I was able to hit 61.3mph on the GPS @ 7980 rpm with the exact same setup. The only explanation I can think of is that I was running lean up top due to the colder water/air temps. Now that the temps are getting back to normal the range I guess my AFR is back to a range where the boat likes it and is running stronger then ever.

    I feel that if the prop was dialed in just a little bit more and I was able to hit 8100rpm I think there may be another few tenths. Maybe 62 if i'm lucky.


  2. #22
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    791
    +1
    5
    As long as I can get over 60mph, I should be happy.

  3. #23
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    791
    +1
    5
    Now another thought I just had.

    Should I Run 48's because I have the Exhaust on the Boat? Surely that would Lean it out VS a Stock Exhaust since there are no O2 Sensors to Compensate.

  4. #24
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,101
    +1
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    Now another thought I just had.

    Should I Run 48's because I have the Exhaust on the Boat? Surely that would Lean it out VS a Stock Exhaust since there are no O2 Sensors to Compensate.
    I think you should put 60lber's in it

  5. #25
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    791
    +1
    5
    Here we go......

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    Now another thought I just had.

    Should I Run 48's because I have the Exhaust on the Boat? Surely that would Lean it out VS a Stock Exhaust since there are no O2 Sensors to Compensate.
    What makes you think our boats have O2 sensors?

  7. #27
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,101
    +1
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    Here we go......
    its cool, just makin a joke

  8. #28
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    791
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    What makes you think our boats have O2 sensors?
    I said they don't have O2 Sensors. If they did, the ECU could Compensate a little bit for a Lean Mix, but since they don't have them, the A/F stays the same, unless you get a Fuel Box.

    You and I are one of the very Few that have Exhausts on our Boats, and that would surely make the Engine Run a lil more Lean than a Stock Piped Motor.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    I said they don't have O2 Sensors. If they did, the ECU could Compensate a little bit for a Lean Mix, but since they don't have them, the A/F stays the same, unless you get a Fuel Box.

    You and I are one of the very Few that have Exhausts on our Boats, and that would surely make the Engine Run a lil more Lean than a Stock Piped Motor.
    Oh, sorry, yes you did. This is one of those "oh my God, am I getting old and senile?" moments; I sure read it wrong.

    I forgot, what's your exhaust setup? (see I am getting old) I was thinking that my exhaust had no impact to the AFR. Even though it's dualed-out, I am still running the stock waterbox. I am at a good 11.9 AFR, but I didn't do a before/after exhaust test.

  10. #30
    ...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Hamptons, Long Island, New York
    Posts
    791
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Oh, sorry, yes you did. This is one of those "oh my God, am I getting old and senile?" moments; I sure read it wrong.

    I forgot, what's your exhaust setup? (see I am getting old) I was thinking that my exhaust had no impact to the AFR. Even though it's dualed-out, I am still running the stock waterbox. I am at a good 11.9 AFR, but I didn't do a before/after exhaust test.
    I got the Gibson Setup. So it's all Straight Through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Factory X sponsons on a non X boat (pictures added)
    By Magnummmmmmmmmm in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 07:26 AM
  2. Rude Charger on stock Boat? Can't remember.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
  3. Newbie Here: Need advice on 1st jet boat
    By Davesavvy in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
  4. Jetworks - FERCHO - Bypass loc on XLL 1200 on back of boat?
    By snowrunner in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 01:25 PM
  5. Jay Edworthy wins 1st overall @ Rochester on Race Tech boat
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 08:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •