Thats great work - well done

+1
    great work.... when you shipping it over

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    Thats great work - well done
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    great work.... when you shipping it over
    Thanks guys.. I hope to be finished w/the build thread tomorrow.

BTW, this build gives me 3 Racks and I only need 2. I'm thinking I'll sell one of the older ones at this year's MB. Say, cash from the highest bidder?

+1
    what are the dimensions of the bottom part of the rack that sits on the ski? trying to figure out what ill need to change to make it work on an rxp

+1
    what are the dimensions of the bottom part of the rack that sits on the ski? trying to figure out what ill need to change to make it work on an rxp
    Outside edge-to-edge width of the "Spine" is 25 inches. But I thought the "P" and the "T" were of the same width - just the length was the difference?

If you need to lessen the width, just remove the Couplings in the Spine and everywhere else the Coupling show up as you go "vertical". That will be in the Rear and Front Basket walls.

+1

Beerdart or other Mod HELP...

Dear Mod that be: I'm finished ( I think) w/this novel... Can you please help me tie it all together?

Thank you,

Bill/83Gator

+1
    IM guessing there the same width but i have alot less length where itll sit on the ski

back mat is 30x17 and in the center is 5in wide

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Dear Mod that be: I'm finished ( I think) w/this novel... Can you please help me tie it all together?

Thank you,

Bill/83Gator
    Merged read it over and see if I missed anything.

thanks for the write up. looks awesome

+1
    IM guessing there the same width but i have alot less length where itll sit on the ski

back mat is 30x17 and in the center is 5in wide

Bill if you don't mind I will offer my suggestion that I have had to do for some of the other rack's I have done.
    Dockside, You have a couple different options. One is you can actually lengthen the vertical piping between your base and the floor of the basket. This will offer more clearance to get over the hump between the seat and deck so you can slide it all the way forward. You can also delete the center vertical bar on the front of the basket, the 90 and the horizontal that makes up that run. This gives you approx inch and a half clearance extra. If needed you can do both. These two alterations are the main two I have to change depending on the ski. On an rxt,gtx the rack can actually be lowered if the center bar is removed. This will not take away from its ability to carry the load. When putting 4 jerry cans that bar is between the 2 inside cans. Carrying an ice chest spreads the weight out well enough already. If you are not needing a rack to be this size you can even delete one of the center frames and make the rack narrower. This will give you an even number of frames across the front where you will be splitting the hump. This build is is just a copy of his rack. It started with my rack getting altered for his ski. There are only those few things needed to make it fit on the rear deck of any ski. If you want to make the basket larger or smaller just alter the length of your connecting pieces of pipe you are cutting according to what you want to do.
    This entire process if very nerve wrecking the first time you build one. They will get easier as you go. As I had posted I am to the piont now where I have my pattern and know what I have to change depending on the ski. The entire cutting and mock up takes from an hour and a half to two hours depending. I will reemphasize MOCK IT UP FIRST AND PUT IT ON YOUR SKI BEFORE GLUEING. This way you can alter whatever you want before final assembly.
    This all just really depends on your use for the rack and what size you want.

This is really about getting creative. When I built my first "Nice Rack" several years ago I started with a bunch of fittings, a couple joints of pipe and a six pack. Well after needing a second six pack I finally had what I wanted. We all know what we want out of our racks, Bill sharing this process with everyone just adds the "how do I get to where I want" part of the process. If nothing else just build his design and set it on your ski. From there decide what needs to be tweeked. It is not glued so the worst you will have to do is buy a few more feet of piping which is cheap to get it the way you want your custom application to be.
    Disclaimer***** TRUST ME ON THIS ONE***** If you have had a few or 12 beers during your fab process DO NOT GLUE IT THAT NIGHT. set it on your ski and come back and look at it the next day. This will also give you more time to decide if it is exactly what you want.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information