Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    how? is it in one of the settings?
    The software Interpolates above 8000 RPM.

+1
    the program interpolates but at what percentage per psi/rpm. does it grab as a reference the very first square to let's say the bottom right of the chart? i'm wondering if anyone has had any problems with aftermarket ecus so as to finetune at top rpm

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i finally go t a cahnce to get out and tune my ski after installing the cam and porting the head...

got to the ramp it was a nice day lots of boats out and about so the parking lot was full..and i had to park in the back 40 ...got the ski in the water..took it out ran it a little trying to remember what i saw ...docked the ski went to the car... got the lap top ..opened it made the changes..loaded things into the ski...took the lap top back to the car ..and started the process all over again...after about 5 rounds ..i had enough ...

so i left the seat off and held the lap top between my knees and wached the af guage and the highlighted box ..after about 20 more up loads i have it almost perfect up to 6000 rpm it was getting a little hard to watch hold onto the lap top ect....looked crazy to the ocassional passing boat...but it worked well ...next to having a tank to put it in think it was a very good way ..just could be hazardous to the lap top and you need to remember to watch where you are going...

does any one have the volt to vac / boost conversion chart..dont want to hold on to the lap top going any faster..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    i finally go t a cahnce to get out and tune my ski after installing the cam and porting the head...

got to the ramp it was a nice day lots of boats out and about so the parking lot was full..and i had to park in the back 40 ...got the ski in the water..took it out ran it a little trying to remember what i saw ...docked the ski went to the car... got the lap top ..opened it made the changes..loaded things into the ski...took the lap top back to the car ..and started the process all over again...after about 5 rounds ..i had enough ...

so i left the seat off and held the lap top between my knees and wached the af guage and the highlighted box ..after about 20 more up loads i have it almost perfect up to 6000 rpm it was getting a little hard to watch hold onto the lap top ect....looked crazy to the ocassional passing boat...but it worked well ...next to having a tank to put it in think it was a very good way ..just could be hazardous to the lap top and you need to remember to watch where you are going...

does any one have the volt to vac / boost conversion chart..dont want to hold on to the lap top going any faster..

Ill talk to Nils and see what he has for a referance chart..He told me how to configure it but as usual i forgot the dtails...

+1
    We are expecting our rude controllers tomorrow. Has there been any progress on converting volts to boost. I notice the maps posted by snowman have varying numbers as the volts rise at each RPM. I was under the impression that the first column was all that we needed to adjust.
    It makes since to adjust mixture based on boost and RPM. Cursing/ decelerating vs accelerating. I am just trying to get my head around this before creating my first map.

Also on regional setting what setting needs to be changed from , to . or is the US regional setting already correct?

I believe I found my own answer US settings are fine. I can change numbers with decimals and they stay changed.

yes i still need the conversion ..chart...havent been able to get out and finish tuning since anyway ..but still will need it...

and yes 10.1 and 9.8 ect will work fine you will never get it using just whole numbers.....point 1 makes a difference ....you can laso change it by a percentage...as in 7500 rpm - 3 percent ect

+1
    Breon,

Do you set it up at all RPMs across all the voltage intervals? Example -.8 volts to 5.2 volts at 500 rpm intervals 58 separate columns times 17 RPM ranges? Just under 1000 entries

+1
    While playing with the R4 software I noticed you can change from Gauge pressure/ Absolute Pressure/ Vacuum pressure and Voltage. Is this the conversion we are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Helinut View Post
    While playing with the R4 software I noticed you can change from Gauge pressure/ Absolute Pressure/ Vacuum pressure and Voltage. Is this the conversion we are looking for?

i am not sure it would be the same....thats why i am asking for a conversion...chart...nils knows ..but i dont..

i started out..just all 10s ..then adjusted each rpm interval all the way across all voltages...ex 1500 rpm 9.5 ...2000 rpm all 9.8 ect..

i road around with my lap top on my lap..hooked up to the ski ..when you do the box the ski is using is highlighted ...that way you know where you need to adjust at vac it is about 1.4 volts...watching the rpm and the highlighted box..and the af guage ...needed another set of eyes...LOL ..then i would just stop make a change and upload and try again ..did it about 20 times..but was able to do all the drivability up to 6000 rpm...was moving along at that point...and the lap top battery went dead...so needed to finish another day...

+1
    Thanks I will proceed as you did we have a area to the south of the resort that is not real busy and I can cruise for about a mile with no one around.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information