Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    +1
    Replaced rear white bilge fitting with a nice brandy new stainless one. Little bling for the ski!

The WATCON.com sticker STAYS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1177.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	646.8 KB 
ID:	186009  

+1
    Have also decided on final location for the neat cleat. This location will prevent chafing of the lower gunwale when a line is attached to it and be easy to grab a line from a dock or down to it from a dock, its on the same side as the gas cap and the area BEHIND the fitting is clear, The surface where it is going to be attached is also flat like the cleats underside is, so it will lay flat when installed.

It will also be easy to open from the sitting position on the ski and you can hold a cooler for beer from it too when chillin!

Am I a GO for drilling? Whatcha think? Once I do it, its there forever.. it's nowhere near my kness if i were on the ski so no problems hitting it.

Name:	100_1180.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	761.7 KB 
ID:	186010  

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Have also decided on final location for the neat cleat. This location will prevent chafing of the lower gunwale when a line is attached to it and be easy to grab a line from a dock or down to it from a dock, its on the same side as the gas cap and the area BEHIND the fitting is clear, The surface where it is going to be attached is also flat like the cleats underside is, so it will lay flat when installed.

It will also be easy to open from the sitting position on the ski and you can hold a cooler for beer from it too when chillin!

Am I a GO for drilling? Whatcha think? Once I do it, its there forever.. it's nowhere near my kness if i were on the ski so no problems hitting it.
    I would use a steel backing plate inside the hull for added strength.

+1
    You mean like this? I thought I left something out!. the backer plate!. doh. Thanks, great idea.. Thats a galvanized electrical backer plate.

Name:	100_1181.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	491.4 KB 
ID:	186042  

+1
    Added the "Neat Cleat" to the hull today.

I'm glad I added this cleat, it's really a PITA to roll up to a boat and have no way to strap yourself to thier boat to have a beer. Problem solved!.

Will definetly help at the gas docks too. I highly recommend one! Doesn't stick out to catch anything either..

I love stainless steel! BLING"

Name:	100_1189.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	712.3 KB 
ID:	186101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1191.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	883.8 KB 
ID:	186102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1190.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	186103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1192.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	648.1 KB 
ID:	186104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1193.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	771.4 KB 
ID:	186105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1194.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	627.2 KB 
ID:	186106  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Added the "Neat Cleat" to the hull today.

I'm glad I added this cleat, it's really a PITA to roll up to a boat and have no way to strap yourself to thier boat to have a beer. Problem solved!.

Will definetly help at the gas docks too. I highly recommend one! Doesn't stick out to catch anything either..

I love stainless steel! BLING"
    nice

+1
    Today I will be installing the Rear Grab handle on the ski. It's in perfect shape. Theres 1 washer, a lock washer, and a bolt that screws in each corner. Easy enough.

+1
    Engine Update........

Bills Paid? yes

Motor money? Yes

Gas Money to get to Lugs mart? working on it!

I'll go out on a limb and say next weekend I'll be making my way to chicago to pick the motor up!

BUT....I have a small problem.. trucks acting funny

Gets hot when its hot, and looses a little water while its cool outside or dark out.. almost like a head gasket expands and contracts as the temps vary.. Not good for transporting the Pro for the transplant..

Figures huh? lol

(for those of you whom are auto mechanics.......the truck is a 2000 dakota ext 4.7l starts right up. runs fine,, get warmer and warmer. must stop. listen to the radiator boiling for a few, pop the top, let er steam out,, pull cap off after, refill with warm water to not crack anything. start back up, top off, it runs fine again until i stop it when it starts to get hot. same routine again..) last nightm, I drove 50 miles and 30 miles this morning and nothing. same temp. 190 like it should be.. just weird. sometimes it steams a little out the pipe, most of the time, nothing to see.. no cloud in the morning from steam. easy morning start up..

I'll see today during the light of the day and a load in the truck if it gets warm again.. seems like the water in the engine warms up and turns to steam. seeems like the radiator resovoir doesnt suck the water from it back into the engine when the engine needs more water. its always full or almost.. usually from overflowing when hot after I pop the top is when i will loose it there.. but not much..

is it the thermostat? the engine is just circulating the water in the engine and it cant get it out so when the temp go up in the engine it turns the water to steam? maybe the radiator cap also? any quick diagnosos without tearing into the engine? Thanks.. sorry a little off topic. but it does relate to me finishing the PRO!! lol

+1
    Polaris Drive Shaft SL SLT 700 750 785 PWC NR

I'll buy that for a dollar! ok. 2 dollars. lol I'll have my neighbor check the runout and see if its a go. Can never have too many of those at 2.00.

Please wait
    Image not available

Item condition:UsedEnded:May 08, 201014:35:43 PDTBid history:2 bids

Winning bid:US $2.00

Shipping:

6 days and counting!

+1
    This morning I installed the Flo-rite in the dash panel. I used flat butyl tape to secure it in the hole and trimmed the excess off. Removed the Polaris purple sticker and wetsanded the black paint off the plate first.

I may keep this idea and use a graphic over it or go with a carbon fiber one like we were talking about earlier. But for now, it works.

Interesting enough, I took the 4 inch blower I got at that garage sale for next to nothing and to my surprize when i took the plate off the dash, I saw a 4.5 inch hole in the ski right below it!. sweet.

So I tried getting the blower down in there along with the 3 inch rubber hose attached to it and it fits like a charm! Man does that thing suck some serious air into the ski..lol

That will definetly help the air situ under the seat. It's all good, I haven't ubstrucked the original areas to get air in. ie..hood area.

I will be idling thru canals for a few mins each time I go out to the lake so this will help keep the engine cool while idilng and hopefully ram some air while at speed.

I know some say it does nothing, but hey, why not, cant hurt.

We'll see where to route the tube and how long to make it..when the engine is in.

Heres some pics of the flo-rite installed in the cover, the tube and blower and how it sits in the dash.

Still need a way to secure the blower in there.. Work in progress..... looks maybe like I could drop the blower lower and go from underneath in that hole to bring those mounts off the motor under the hole. I'll have to try it a couple different ways and see how things line up.. may have to fab a support for it..

I have a 4 foot piece of that hose leftover if someone wants it.

Name:	100_1214.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	645.9 KB 
ID:	187223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1215.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	187224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1216.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	662.3 KB 
ID:	187225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1217.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	187226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1218.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	429.0 KB 
ID:	187227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1219.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	187228  

Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread Information