Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

getting ready to do my 1200 carbs also,i am curious to about drilling out the return,and the dual feed.is there a write-up.i searched but did not find.

+1
    Bill,

What is the difference between pulse line and fuel line. I notice that the pulse line is harder. Is it mandatory to use stock pulse lines running inbetween the carbs?

Adam

+1
    You can mix the two up...I've used fuel line for primer line w/ no issues for 10+ years

Stop staring at my tits
    +1
    I'm not Bill, but here is my 23cents.

One thing I have seen, and maybe I am just too damn anal about things, is that a "stiffer" pulse line will give a better signal. No expansion or contraction of the line.

Again, with me being anal, I try and make sure that if running more than one pulse line, I keep each one the same length as the others. So bad I am, that I lay them out and cut them at once to be sure they are as close as can be.

I use the stock pulse line (if still in good shape) on my carbs, and another type of line for fuel, the feed line, and return line.

+1
    Not sure lenght really matters....most OEM's are different in lenght...so not sure if it truly matters or not ?

M

NJ, you would be surprised on how little the pressure is in the pulse lines. Any fairly reasonable line will work. I have been using fuel line for my pulse lines for a long time with no problems.

Stop staring at my tits
    +1
    I wouldn't doubt that you guys are correct. Like I said, it's just me being very anal about things.

It's my form of OCD. lol At times it drives me crazy to be so "perfect", but my bosses love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJJer View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that you guys are correct. Like I said, it's just me being very anal about things.

It's my form of OCD. lol At times it drives me crazy to be so "perfect", but my bosses love it.

Check out fuellines.biz and get a hold of Dave he is a nice guy and the fuel lines are top notch. I have been using him for years and never had a problem. If you find it to be a lil bit expensive let me know. Pm me for more details. I have prices that you cant beat. Any color you want. He has water lines, fuel lines, primer lines, etc.

Stop staring at my tits
    +1
    Thanks Kris, I have contacted him before about line. He does come highly recommended as does his fuel line.

I ended up going with someone else. I have been dealing with the owner of a company who makes hose/tubing. For the last almost year now we have been using it at my one job and monitoring the affects of Ethanol in the fuel and seeing how it stands up to it. So far, so good.

I have not mentioned this do to the fact when all our testing is done, I will be a dealer for his full line. As it stands, I will be able to sell for a few cents/ft cheaper with a guarantee that it will hold up to Ethanol.
    He already has my tax info, so the ball is starting to roll. When I can sell it, I will see what I have to do to advertise on here.

Only one thing some may not like about the fuel line. It will not make very small radius. It is a pretty thick wall, and stiffer than the other lines out there.

+1
    Sweet.....better then the Riva pricing I hope...man o man...they stll have an arm and leg of mine!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information