Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    ...There is no way to directly order from him to Canada online...

I cant find the clear blue 1/4" lines anywhere else...
    There are other sources for fuel line. Ask around and look online at Canadian high performance suppliers, for marine or snowmobile.

Technically, we should always be using Marine rated fuel line, that is also rated for Ethanol. Somewhere on GH I have seen the current fuel line approval number that applies...

Or you can use an intermediary. There are lots of shipping/package forwarders that can receive packages for you on the US side at their address, then send them to you in Canada. Or if you have someone who is driving over the border anyways, have them pick it up and bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    I have been trying to get some of this fuel line for weeks now! There is no way to directly order from him to Canada online, you have to leave an email order. Problem is I have left emails and never get any response! I cant find the clear blue 1/4" lines anywhere else. I also need oil pump lines. Anyone else have trouble ordering?

http://www.fuellines.biz/catalog.aspx

Have you tried his web site?? He is usually really good, I've ordered without any problems. I know I'm in the US, but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 Pro Mick View Post
    http://www.fuellines.biz/catalog.aspx

Have you tried his web site?? He is usually really good, I've ordered without any problems. I know I'm in the US, but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.
    Yeah, I went through the whole order process and had what I wanted picked out, but when I went to submit the order, it wont allow shipping to Canada, and forwards you to international ordering page which is basically an email to the company who is supposed to respond back with a PayPal invoice which includes their calculated shipping charges. I have just never heard back from them....for weeks!!! Otherwise, the prices are good!

+1
    Send me 20.00 American! lol I'll buy some for ya at my local jet ski place I go to.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Send me 20.00 American! lol I'll buy some for ya at my local jet ski place I go to.
    Tempting...I will go have a look at my local snowmobile shops first, but I don't think they have the colors.

+1
    I was talking the clear blue fuel line.!! not the red.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Update: Marine grade fuel hose rated A1 (A1-15 or better for low permeability) is highly recommended for enclosed hulls (such as PWC).
    Marine B1 grade fuel hose is more permeable and can potentially allow fuel fumes to accumulate inside the hull

I have heard several stories that not all the (clear) colored fuel line is the same quality.

Randy commented that the old clear/colored stuff was much better quality than what he sees now.

Some is thinner walled, and some may age faster than it should.

I like the reinforced double wall marine grade fuel line, which is typically not transparent. Some of it is blue.

MARINE FUEL LINE
    USCG TYPE A1 SAE J1527 NMMA TYPE ACCEPTED (ISO 7840)
    J1527 B1 was considered also acceptable, but the A1 hose has a fire resistant outer coating and lower permeability

SAE J1527 Type B2 (and A2) is for fuel tank vent hoses only, do not use B2/A2 for fuel lines unless it is also B1/A1 rated.

From what I can tell, the current version (as of 2009?) of these marine fuel hose ratings is for up to E10 (Gasoline with up to 10% Ethanol blend)

Note that for fuel hose used inside the fuel tank it must also be rated for continuous immersion in gasoline and ethanol blended gasoline. Early Polaris Fuji models have fuel hose sections inside the fuel tank.

The Polaris Ficht fuel pumps also have short fuel hose segments attached to the fuel pressure regulator inside the pump/tank. Use immersion rated fuel hose when doing the Ficht fuel pressure regulator mounting repair/reinforcement.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hose-trident.jpg 
Views:	1539 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	391550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45840.png 
Views:	1536 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	391551  
    Last edited by K447; 06-22-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Looks expensive, where do you get it?

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Some more updates...

My electrical box needed some big attention. The insides were definitely caked with some sort of corrosion, which I presume is from the aluminum oxidizing. Either way, I took everything completely out from the insides. The first couple of pics are some "before" pictures of the box. There was also some wiring in there that is no longer necessary. For one, the harness for the power valves isn't necessary so that one is coming out. There were also some loose wires that were just cut that went to the thermostat and oil tank level that are no longer necessary.

I also went ahead and de-greased the electrical board and put some dielectric grease on the terminals and on the back. I considered a new one but this one was still in pretty good condition. I was very liberal (the only time you will hear me say that!!) with the grease so I hope it stays good.

You can see the final pictures of the box with everything cleaned up. I still have a bunch of wiring to do but I'm waiting on some of that braided cable sleeve to do all my wires in.

Since I decided to use the truck liner on the bottom of the hull, I used my power washer to clean out all the grease. After a good soak of engine de-greaser, all the grime came out easily with some high water pressure! A bunch of that hull liner came loose but I'd rather it come up now instead of later. I let the hull dry over night and in the sun for half a day yesterday and used a vacuum to suck out any little chips of that previousl liner. Then I wiped down the insides with some xylene to get out any left over grease.

Here is the front compartment area with the truck liner..it's a bad picture because it was dark out but I will get some better ones today after work. This is the stuff you can get at like Autozone...called Herculiner. 785 Pro Mick has the same stuff and it looks really good. This is only with a single coat...probably one to two more coats to go. It might be a little more glossy than I like but I'm sure it will look good once I get everything coated!

While taking everything out, I found this spark plug. I wonder if it is still good??

785 Pro Mick also is sending me some lexan to reinforce the foot wells since there is absolutely no support there now. I guess all of it either rotted away or just fell apart. So a big thank you goes out to Mick!

I also ordered some red fuel lines, primer lines, and cooling lines from fuellines.biz. Should be in this week. Also, some of that braided cable sleeve and ear clamps are coming in for that professional look.

I've probably spent way too much on this boat on little crap and some bigger parts but the way I look at it is that it is just a hobby. I'm sure there are worse things I could spend my money on! At least this makes me happy!!

+1
    Wow, that electrical box cleaned up really well! Good job on that. My only concern is with the liner in the hull. Black? Yikes. I feel it's hard enough to see in these skis, let alone it being totatly black in there.I'm gonna go with a Gelcoat instead. It resists gas n oil and dirt well. Just like the outside of a boat does. I may put some tint in it. we''ll see. maybe a porsche red? Like the outside?That would look sweet all smoothed out in Red Gelcoat. With the RED Tops sitting in there too would will look good.
    Great pictures. Keep it going!. Pro arrival is 6 or 7 days! Mine Next

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information