Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    Its cheaper to upgrade to a 260 than the price of all the parts you'd need to get an LX goin the same speed. not to mention $10 a gal for race fuel would make up the difference in price real quick

That is pretty much what my research was showing just hoping there was a plan B out there. New ski it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post

The endurance kit from riva for the STX 15, (RK1000-15F-07),will it work on the LX = YES for the ENGINE KIT !

How similar are the skis other than hull = Yes all similar but DRIVE LINE DIFFERENT !

What all is actually interchangable = YES (Not for hull and pump !)

Is this all possible to use a atmo = YES

1 will the kit run on pump gas = Engine kit use high octane gas BUT you can put a 1mm gasket on your engine for decrease compression ratio and use normal gas ! i heard this mod is ok with 2 stock gasket !

2 Are the pumps the same on the two skis = No, 148mm on the 15f and 155mm on the LX. The LX have a better pump !

3 Are the "required" upgrades truely required or can I do my engine mods this year = Only put ENGINE KIT and put THE IMPELLER SKAT TRAK 9/17 of the RIVA kit ! (Or other, send a mail to the manufacturer...)

4 How much would I hurt the reliability of my engine. I ride ALOT,100 hrs a year average, and don't want to have to rebuild her each year = Very good ! I think it's reliabe...

Thanks for any help, ideas, or suggestions = Mod air filter, use one water box but dont mod the water line, put the seal kit !!!!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    hsd whats the octane of your pump gas, in the us we only get 93 for the top grade, anything more either has ethanol or lead...

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    hsd whats the octane of your pump gas, in the us we only get 93 for the top grade, anything more either has ethanol or lead...

Sean
    93 is premium and it contains 10% ethenol almost everywhere now

Call me crazy and most probably will but my 15F runs the fastest top end on 89 mid grade w/ 10% ethanol. Ethanol blended fuels burn hotter than regular gasoline since ethanol is nearly entirely alcohol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    Call me crazy and most probably will but my 15F runs the fastest top end on 89 mid grade w/ 10% ethanol. Ethanol blended fuels burn hotter than regular gasoline since ethanol is nearly entirely alcohol.
    Iam glad to hear you have these results

+1

Air Filter

I am wondering how safe it is to get rid of the intake system and run just the K&N. In safe I am referring to water intrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I am wondering how safe it is to get rid of the intake system and run just the K&N. In safe I am referring to water intrusion.
    Donít get the so called riva "intake kit" They charge you $150 for just a little filter and a dry charger... I made my own intake, 45 Degree mandrel bent pipe with a K & N 3inch filter and K&N dry charger going upward. Going with a bigger K&N filter will produce more air volume going into the engine than just a little riva filter on the throttle body

Piping $20 eBay
    K&N filter $45
    K&N dry charger $22
    -------
    Total $ 87 for much better quality parts

I Have the K&N part numbers that I ordered. I can post them up for you when I get home if you want! I did not gps before and after but It did feel faster of the line and more mph up top.

I donít know about 60+ but last time I gps'd my ski it went 55.4mph or 54.5 donít remember honestly, with a half tank of gas and some what choppy water.

With the addition of a little weight reduction (second water box, STICKERS, Mirrors, Run some at the gym jk jk), an exhaust, ride plate, up the timing, and a few other misc things I am sure 60mph is achievable!!

Oh and about the water intrusion. I have ran my intake kit for at least a month and a half, Ocean and River and Lake. There was hardly ever any amount of water on the intake to raise concern. The drops of water you will get here and there on the intake the dry charger stops from going onto the actual filter. Even if you would have a dry charger, unless you completely submerge the filter and open the throttle nothing would happen to the motor. The small drops of water would be turned to steam long before it would reach any vital motor components.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by powerdbygarrett View Post
    Don’t get the so called riva "intake kit" They charge you $150 for just a little filter and a dry charger... I made my own intake, 45 Degree mandrel bent pipe with a K & N 3inch filter and K&N dry charger going upward. Going with a bigger K&N filter will produce more air volume going into the engine than just a little riva filter on the throttle body

Piping $20 eBay
    K&N filter $45
    K&N dry charger $22
    -------
    Total $ 87 for much better quality parts

I Have the K&N part numbers that I ordered. I can post them up for you when I get home if you want! I did not gps before and after but It did feel faster of the line and more mph up top.

I don’t know about 60+ but last time I gps'd my ski it went 55.4mph or 54.5 don’t remember honestly, with a half tank of gas and some what choppy water.

With the addition of a little weight reduction (second water box, STICKERS, Mirrors, Run some at the gym jk jk), an exhaust, ride plate, up the timing, and a few other misc things I am sure 60mph is achievable!!

Oh and about the water intrusion. I have ran my intake kit for at least a month and a half, Ocean and River and Lake. There was hardly ever any amount of water on the intake to raise concern. The drops of water you will get here and there on the intake the dry charger stops from going onto the actual filter. Even if you would have a dry charger, unless you completely submerge the filter and open the throttle nothing would happen to the motor. The small drops of water would be turned to steam long before it would reach any vital motor components.
    I would appreciate the numbers. I am not really trying to get a performance gain out of this. It would be nice to have one less thing to tear apart doing work or if a tool is dropped. My main reason for this though is, my pisser hose tore at the manifold and with the intake being on the same side sucked up the water that was dripping out. Fortunately I caught this right away and shut it down and no damage done. Thanks for all of your help..... BTW mine completely stock a few minutes ago after the oil and plug change ran 54.6. Mybest ever on this ski was 56.3. Low fuel with an ice chest on the back. The weight helps the speed...ALOT. 2 mph. I guess with the lower HP the bow stays heavy so anything helps. I am really curious what the riva plate would do for her. A 260 is in my spring time future so if no help I will just put it on that one. As far as what is possible for this ski... no telling. I just wish it was an honest 60 mph ski so I wouldn't have no problem keeping up with everyone while cruising.
    Do you think there would be a way to run the piping to the front of the engine compartment to pick up the cooler air? I heard someone talk about it somewhere on here but can't remember where.

+1
    Please post the info for the K N Air filter..I would like try that set up on my Ultra LX

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information