Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    I know that there was a thread on 250/260 about rough running and killing when coming off of WOT or just higher RPMs. I will be bringing my 07 LX to the dealer since I have ext. warranty. I am just wondering if I can steer them in a good direction. I just changed my plugs todayand went test. My idle is right at 1200 but when I let off the throttle she comes down to undedr 800 and kills. Even on the hose if I hit the throttle and let off she dies. The dealer told me bad gas and change the plugs last time and she has not run right since. I am pretty sure others have had this issue and I am wondering what corrected this issue.

I had it happen to me, the throttle cable was being pinched so it wouldnt return to a steady idle and it would die. check your throttle cable for kinks, pinches or that its not making any real tight turns

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    I know that there was a thread on 250/260 about rough running and killing when coming off of WOT or just higher RPMs. I will be bringing my 07 LX to the dealer since I have ext. warranty. I am just wondering if I can steer them in a good direction. I just changed my plugs todayand went test. My idle is right at 1200 but when I let off the throttle she comes down to undedr 800 and kills. Even on the hose if I hit the throttle and let off she dies. The dealer told me bad gas and change the plugs last time and she has not run right since. I am pretty sure others have had this issue and I am wondering what corrected this issue.
    Ask dealer to reset TPS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
    Ask dealer to reset TPS
    Thank you

+1
    Well I brought my ski in yesterday and got the call today. GIO, that is right GIO in even the LX. Compression down to 150 PSI when it should have been 250 in all 4 cylinders. Kawasaki honoring under warranty. Curious to see what all they do.

+1

Upgrade Questions

I am looking to upgrade my LX N/A and am hoping for some good advice. I will probably not professionally race this ski but will do some hard playing with the group. Here is my question....
    The endurance kit from riva for the STX 15, (RK1000-15F-07),will it work on the LX? I know it will not give me the results of the 15f but it will give me what I am looking for.
    How similar are the skis other than hull. What all is actually interchangable? I am asking this because there are many mods out there for the 15 while only very few for the LX. If this kit would work on my LX the next questions arise. If it will not thought I am open to suggestions other than get a 260, or put on some forced induction. I want to stay N/A and really like the ride of the Ultra hull. Is this all possible?

1 will the kit run on pump gas?
    2 Are the pumps the same on the two skis
    3 Are the "required" upgrades truely required or can I do my engine mods this year and my pump mods at a later time. The "required" pump has doubled in price so I would like to wait.
    4 How much would I hurt the reliability of my engine. I ride ALOT,100 hrs a year average, and don't want to have to rebuild her each year.

Thanks for any help, ideas, or suggestions.

+1

Thumbs down Upgrade Questions

Somehow ended up with a double post.... Sorry

unless you can figure out a way to drop a SB V-8 in there its an unrealistic goal. The enduro kit requires race fuel and doesn't yield good gains on a 15F let alone an LX. To modify an LX to run even mid-60s is pretty much out of the question w/o boosting the motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    unless you can figure out a way to drop a SB V-8 in there its an unrealistic goal. The enduro kit requires race fuel and doesn't yield good gains on a 15F let alone an LX. To modify an LX to run even mid-60s is pretty much out of the question w/o boosting the motor.

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. That is where I was hoping to get so I could ride with the others in my group. I was just wanting to look at an option which could save me lots of money if possible. I just wanted the advice from the real world. Now I guess the decision is going to be play with this one that is paid for or a new one.

Its cheaper to upgrade to a 260 than the price of all the parts you'd need to get an LX goin the same speed. not to mention $10 a gal for race fuel would make up the difference in price real quick

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information