Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    oh yea, you are going to have to take the head pipe(purple) off too. the pipe after the white exhaust maniflod. you will also need a new exhaust gasket for the top and some Red RVT where the two halves (headpipe and stinger) connect.

+1
    For the no-beep you probably just have a bad beeper. If you put your ear real close to the bars while you plug up the key you may hear a soft click sound. If so, then you definitely need a new beeper. If not, you probably still do but to varify you will need to pull the bar cover and check for power to the beeper when the key is plugged in. If there is power, then bad beeper.

How many time should a 2000 xp beep when the key is plugged on? Before I blew my MPEM I had one beep when I plugged the key in, but it would not do it all the time.

Airbornexp I have a question.... When I got my battery feeding backwards and fried my MPEM, could that have caused anymore damage anywhere else I should check before I install my new MPEM?? I would hate to have another lingering problem and be out another 285 dollars. Just curious, and thanks for all your help on the other posts

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 54lariatxp View Post
    How many time should a 2000 xp beep when the key is plugged on? Before I blew my MPEM I had one beep when I plugged the key in, but it would not do it all the time.
    I'm fairly certian two times...was the one beep a long beep or one short one?

Airbornexp I have a question.... When I got my battery feeding backwards and fried my MPEM, could that have caused anymore damage anywhere else I should check before I install my new MPEM?? I would hate to have another lingering problem and be out another 285 dollars. Just curious, and thanks for all your help on the other posts
    on a 2K XP...im not sure. i dont think that you have any other systems between there besides the gauges and VTS motor. I know that when I screwed mine up the gauge got fried and i kept blowing fuses till I unpluged it and everything was fine. just make damn sure that you have you cables hooked up right after you install the new MPEM.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    oh yea, you are going to have to take the head pipe(purple) off too. the pipe after the white exhaust maniflod. you will also need a new exhaust gasket for the top and some Red RVT where the two halves (headpipe and stinger) connect.
    You don't have to remove the headpipe. I recommend not to, as you are creating much more work by doing so.

I'm all for having a few beers! You will have to let me know when you are down my way, I'm only 4 miles off I-75. Always have to help out a fellow dooer... Where are you...btw?

And...Warner Robins Little league is in the World Series again! First game Friday night on ESPN.

+1
    get a volt meter and check all electrical components before taking stuff apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    get a volt meter and check all electrical components before taking stuff apart.
    You obviously haven't read post #4. Ohming with a meter will tell you nothing, like I previously stated. If you have a Mega-Ohm meter, then that is a different story. But who has a diagnostic tool that sends 500 volts DC through wires on here, besides me?

Visual is the only way. And...it's good to also confirm:

- There is no rust inside the cover and rust particles between the stator and magneto.
    - Rust particles shorted accross the pickup
    - Inspect the pickup ears for cracking on the sides
    - Inspect the flywheel for a broken tooth and retrieve this piece of metal as it will short the stator in the future
    - Inspect the front plug receptacle for corrosion, on the pins and in the sockets

+1
    What are you guys feeding those kids in Warner Robbins?

There should be two short beeps back to back when you plug the key in. One long beep means the key was not recognized.

I cant remember cause it didnt always beep but I thought I only got one beep, humm, maybe my beeper going out. I bought a new MPEM and it comes with match key, can I take my old key to the dealer and have it programmed for the new MPEM, and have 2 keys

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    What are you guys feeding those kids in Warner Robbins?
    Some good-ole coaching Krunch! My oldest daughter was in school with the first round in 07, it was cool to actually know 3 or 4 on the team. And...seeing their parents act completely stupid in the stands...LMAO

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information