Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The first picture is a Deutsch male connector.

The other two shown are Weatherpack type. One male and one female.

Different connector types. Your cable and your ski will use one type OR the other.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The first picture is a Deutsch male connector.

The other two shown are Weatherpack type. One male and one female.

Different connector types. Your cable and your ski will use one type OR the other.
    Yes I know this, and my ski uses the Weatherpack which I have already completed the 9-pin side. What I'm asking is what does the OTHER end of the Weatherpack connector look like? I only see the picture of the wired 9-pin. I do not see the Weatherpack connector completed. Can you please post a picture of what the entire assembled cable looks like? Thanks!

+1
    You can view what the assembled weatherpack connectors appears as on your 2003 Virage i. Usually hanging over the EMM, is a 4 pin weatherpack connectors connected together. This is the diagnostic connector that your programming cable connects between. You'll open the diagnostic connector and connect your the two ends of your programming cable weatherpack connectors to each half. The white/red wire (+45vdc supply) is fed through the diagnostic connector. They have to be mated to complete the supply path for the +45VDC supply and likewise when you have your programming cable connected.

As there is a male and a female in the diagnostic connector, you have assembled examples of how your programming cable weatherpack plugs should appear.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
    ... my ski uses the Weatherpack which I have already completed the 9-pin side. What I'm asking is what does the OTHER end of the Weatherpack connector look like? I only see the picture of the wired 9-pin. I do not see the Weatherpack connector completed. Can you please post a picture of what the entire assembled cable looks like? Thanks!

So you have completed the cable per above, with the needed three wires from 9-pin to Weatherpack Male, correct?

The only other wire is the White/Red which connects between the pin A on both Weatherpack connectors. This is shown as A-----A on the attached diagram.

On the female Weather Pack of the diagnostic cable there will be three unused pins.

That's it! Now I get it. The most confusing part was I thought the column of pics on right side of your original post were the resulting Weatherpack once assembled. But you don't have a picture, I'm guessing because if just following your drawn diagram, it's ridiculous easy and doesn't need a photo explanation. Thanks again! I'm not even doing the work on my ski, I'm just not experienced enough, but the shop that has it doesn't have a cable so I told them just wait...! Will keep you posted, thanks again bro!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information