Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xsantia View Post
    Hi! I were made cables like in the pictures, but can't connect to EMM, what is wrong, com ports propertly, but no connection what is connection need to make ,

more information please, sorry,but it is not understood for me.
    The communication cable is only useful if you have access to the Polaris diagnostic software.

The jumper wire and LED tool are used without a computer.

Ok, i,m understend it, and have podiag software , have pc with rs232 port, and cables like in the picture, but it can't connect to EMM, i want to see and replace number of ingector in the EMM,and check, what is errors were ,when i see check engine ...., help me connect the cables in to the EMM rite...Engine is work propertly now, with out problem 67mile.... it nice,but i want check it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xsantia View Post
    Ok, i,m understend it, and have podiag software , have pc with rs232 port, and cables like in the picture, but it can't connect to EMM, i want to see and replace number of ingector in the EMM,and check, what is errors were ,when i see check engine ...., help me connect the cables in to the EMM rite...Engine is work propertly now, with out problem 67mile.... it nice,but i want check it..
    You also have the Service Power Jumper in place to provide power to the EMM - correct? This is the jumper that plugs into the 8-pin wire harness connector that is removed from the EMM.

Can you post some photos of how you have everything connected?

Ok, i must made photos,and place it here, it take time, so my MSX now in the fiberglass fixing

+1
    I recently made my own cables and found that Cat-6 spec (as used on ethernet networks) works perfectly well also. My plan is to splice the Cat-6 into the existing harness and install a service port inside the glovebox compartment (rj45). The idea is to run diagnostics without having to lift the seat, more importantly to run the diagnostics under load. The only issue I can see is possibly with the service jumper connection. I'm thinking that I could run a switch next to the service port to close the jumper but leaving it plugged into the emm at the same time may have some unwanted side affects or I could extened that part of the harness into the glove compartment for easy plugging.

I wonder if anyone has run a similar setup before. The netbook I am using would be secured with velcro on the glove box lid, its not a bad size for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cable Polaris.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	287089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sensor Data.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	287090  

+1
    There are some things to keep in mind. The Service mode single wire 'loop connector' (White/Red wire) is carrying 45 volts at a few amps current. Make sure whatever connectors and wire you use can handle the voltage and current.

The Polaris EMM 'Service Power' jumper forces 12 volt battery power onto the '45 volt' system to power up the EMM so the diagnostics can talk to the EMM and even fire the spark plugs. But that 12 volts is not enough to actually power the injectors. More importantly of course is that the 12 volt and 45 volt circuits need to be isolated for normal engine operation.

I created a diode bypass that allows 12 volt battery power to feed into the 45 volt circuit when the 45 volt power is otherwise absent, with the stator 8-pin connector still plugged into the EMM. The diode blocks 45 volt DC from back feeding into the 12 volt system when the engine runs. When the diode is switched into the circuit (for diagnostics purposes) the EMM then powers up and stays awake after the engine shuts down.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    WHat do you do if your computer does not have a serial port on it?

+1
    USB to serial converter!

TRENDnet USB to RS-232 Serial Converter TU-S9 (White) http://amzn.com/B0007T27H8

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lilman573 View Post
    USB to serial converter!

TRENDnet USB to RS-232 Serial Converter TU-S9 (White) http://amzn.com/B0007T27H8
    I figured something like that was out there. Could the cable just be made with a USB connector instead of the serial connector?

+1
    Doubt it, as there needs to be some hardware conversion from the 9 pin to USB.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information